- Clayton Tune to Greg Dortch for the touchdown. Tune has been having a very good camp. (video)
- Michael Wilson just caught his second touchdown of the scrimmage. Leads the team in targets. (video)
- Marlon Mack is poised to be RB2.
- The best personnel for three receiver sets through camp: Hollywood Brown, Michael Wilson and Greg Dortch. Not good for Rondale Moore.
- Best catch of the Red & White practice belongs to James Conner. There is no argument. (video)
- Rashod Bateman has “chance to be out there pretty soon.” JH declined to give a timeframe.
- Interception count at Ravens practice is up to 8. Lamar Jackson has thrown four of them. Josh Johnson and Tyler Huntley have thrown two each.
- Bryce Young finishes first team drill 3-for-5 with a drop and what appeared to be a bad route by the receiver. Adam Thielen made the defender look helpless with a double move on the first throw that went for a TD.
- Rough day for the offense on Saturday. A handful of false start penalties. Several drops and concentration lapses. Bryce Young was 7-15 in team.
- According to Mike Kaye: “While Byrce Young still looked accurate for the most part, the defense, along with a trio of drops from his WRs, forced the QB into his worst completion ratio of camp. The one saving grace on offense was Terrace Marshall, who made some impressive catches in both individual & team drills.”
- Jonathan Mingo catches a dime from Bryce Young (video)
- Miles Sanders, who tweaked an undisclosed injury yesterday during individual drills, is here in shoulder pads and a helmet on Sunday.
- Roschon Johnson had a nice run. Drew cheers from the crowd. First one to come out and give him a high five from sideline was Justin Fields.
- Tyler Scott had several drops and a muffed punt on Saturday.
- Back to back BEAUTIFUL catches by DJ Moore and Darnell Mooney from Justin Fields.
- Justin Fields throws a crossing route to DJ Moore. The receiver turns it upfield for a 14-yard TD. (video)
- Now it’s Fields to Chase Claypool for an 8-yard TD as QB1 slithers up and to his right away from pressure.
- Red zone drill TD pass to Cole Kmet. Good, sharp pass by Justin Fields.
- Justin Fields is picked off trying to throw a back corner ball to Chase Claypool. Jaylon was covering Cole Kmet underneath and came off and read the play beautifully. Justin never saw him.
- DJ Moore on Justin Fields progress: “Making checks on his own. Making a lot of plays off script plays, which they say he wasn’t doing last year.”
- RBs coach Stump Mitchell says Nick Chubb can absolutely be a weapon as a pass catcher, he just didn’t have a lot of opportunities with Kareem Hunt in that role.
- Jerome Ford is ready for a bigger role and wants to seize the opportunity. (video)
- Elijah Moore was covered well by Denzel Ward—but Deshaun Watson showed off their connection with a perfectly placed ball. (video)
- Deshaun Watson missed a couple throws on Sunday, but also had some nice throws down the field. (video)
- Deshaun Watson to Amari Cooper for the TD. (video)
- Luke Schoonmaker (foot) suffered a setback. Nothing major but team not sure when he’ll be ready to return.
- Tony Pollard running well at camp. (video)
- A solid red zone period from Russell Wilson: started with a batted ball, then three-straight completions, capped off with a TD from the two-yard line on an easy pass to Samaje Perine in the flat off play action.
- In regards to Javonte Williams: “Miraculous” is not hyperbole when referring to his recovery. Everyone is stunned. If Broncos really believe he’s close, reps during the preseason are important.
- This was the 47-yard touchdown from Russell Wilson to Jerry Jeudy to end practice yesterday. Best play of camp by far. (video)
- This offense plans on throwing a lot of passes to Sam LaPorta, and he caught everything in his vicinity. Amon-Ra St. Brown, Sam LaPorta, and Jahmyr Gibbs might account for 90% of the targets while Jamison Williams is out.
- “Amon-Ra St. Brown continues to be a target monster for Goff, but Sam LaPorta is an easy second option, as he creates a large target and has proven to have reliable hands.”
- Erik Schlitt on comparing TJ Hockenson to Sam LaPorta: “Hock was a more physical TE that used his body to make the most of his game… LaPorta is a natural athlete that isn’t as strong but way more comfortable creating space and displaying an easy target. Also, YAC.” (video)
- Your daily dose of the Jared Goff & Amon-Ra St. Brown connection. (video)
Green Bay Packers
- AJ Dillon took a pitch to the left from the 15-yard line and, tackle or not tackle, that would’ve been a TD. Well blocked, and Dillon hit that gear.
- Jordan Love overthrows an open Romeo Doubs down right sideline. Doubs ran past Jaire Alexander, but he couldn’t catch up to the football. Love finds Doubs later for the TD. (video)
- Jordan Love picked the right time to flush pocket, rolls left and finds Aaron Jones for a TD. (video)
- Tucker Kraft looked good, two solid run blocks and now catches a TD.
- Jordan Love threw a LASER to Jayden Reed on a secondary read where he dropped the slot down. (video)
- Luke Musgrave absolutely cooking. He drops the defender with an amazing move and makes the catch. (video)
- According to Paul Bretl, “Luke Musgrave is going to be such a weapon for this offense and right away will play a big role. During the starting offense’s first possession, Musgrave was targeted twice almost immediately and both with big play potential. One was on an intermediate crosser and another down the seam. This is going to be an element the Packers just didn’t have at this position. Along with playing inline and from the slot, we will see him on the boundary somewhat regularly as well.”
- CJ Stroud went 2-3 with a TD to Dameon Pierce in 7s. Great touch on that throw and great catch by Dameon.
- Tank Dell is making noise today. Just made a leaping catch. The offense is kicking the defense in the teeth right now. (video)
- CJ Stroud has 6 throws during 7 on 7. Every single throw has been under 3 seconds. Some even under 2.
- CJ Stroud put on a clinic in Team 1, RedZone: TD passes to Dameon Pierce, Mason Schreck and Dalton Schultz. Elite placement on all three passes.
- Tank Dell and Xavier Hutchinson both getting first team reps now with Stroud leading the ones.
- Dameon Pierce makes another great catch. This is becoming a daily event at camp. “The more ways I can get the ball, the better… I’ve got a lot of great guys to look at. Most recently, Christian McCaffrey, he thrived last year in the league, in this offense” (video)
- Mo Alie-Cox has a boot on his foot and is out.
- Anthony Richardson going with the 2s just had one of his best periods of camp. 5-5 with a TD to Amari Rodgers on a screen. Gardner Minshew was 3-5 with the 1s, including a TD to Alec Pierce.
- Josh Downs also having a strong day. Couple of big catches with Richardson and a big play with Minshew in 7-on-7.
- Amari Rodgers has flashed a couple times today, including a catch-and-run TD catch from Anthony Richardson.
- Great route and move by Michael Pittman to get wide open. (video)
- The ball just flies out of Anthony Richardson’s hands, watch the end. (video)
- Anthony Richardson’s first snap of 11-on-11 red zone on Sunday is a QB power he takes into the end zone.
- Highly efficient Sunday for Anthony Richardson in 11-on-11. Finished 6-8 with 3 passing TDs and 1 rushing TD. All with the 1s.
- According to Joel Erickson: “Anthony Richardson has come on strong the past 2 days, completing 15/19 passes for 5 TDs over the past 2 practices. (He) also made big plays with his feet Sunday, opening the practice with a big gain for a potential touchdown on a draw and carving out yards throughout the practice.”
- Doug Pederson singles out Kevin Austin, Elijah Cooks and Jacob Harris as WRs that have flashed/competing for WR5/WR6 spots. “Kevin has been the one who’s done a nice job, second year coming in and embracing his job”. Tim Jones also gets a shout-out.
- Doug Pederson calls Tank Bigsby a sponge. Says he’s smart and takes coaching and applies it to the field.
- Brenton Strange with a nice TD grab in 7. Tank Bigsby catches a right window TD a few plays later. Then Prince gets open for the score. TDs all around.
- Trevor Lawrence was 21/24 in team today. Very sharp. Lots of quick hitters and a couple deep and intermediate shots mixed in. 6 TD passes in RZ, 0 INTs. Also had a likely would be rushing TD.
- Evan Engram with a sick move after the catch in team drills. He’s had a better camp than he had last year.
- Two “oh my GAWD” throw-and-catchs from Trevor Lawrence to Calvin Ridley during two-minute drill (with defense).
- According to John Shipley, “Trevor Lawrence and the skill guys were fantastic today. I would be surprised if this isn’t one of the best passing games in the NFL this year.”
Kansas City Chiefs
- Deneric Prince getting a couple passes with the ones.
- Justin Watson has seen more first-team repetitions during training camp in 11-on-11 team drills than any other receiver not named Skyy Moore and MVS.
- Patrick Mahomes just used the behind the back pass to Skyy Moore in a team period and we’re one step closer. (video)
- Isiah Pacheco, still in the no-contact jersey, has often been the first RB on the field during 7-on-7 and non-contact periods.
- Good to see Isiah Pacheco catching passes from Patrick Mahomes. (video)
Las Vegas Raiders
- Jakobi Meyers went from heating up to on fire in red zone drills. Three straight touchdowns from Jimmy Garoppolo.
- Another shakey day for Jimmy Garoppolo at camp on Saturday. Feels like he’s thinking too much, holding onto the ball too long, and then making unsure throws. Started hot and then went 1-7 with 3 dropped picks to close out the scrimmage.
- Josh McDaniels on Zamir White’s progression in pass protection: “It’s definitely different…I see growth for sure from him, Brittain too.” Said he sees differences from them catching the ball too.
- No Michael Mayer, looked like he tweaked something on Saturday, at practice.
Los Angeles Rams
- Sean McVay said Cooper Kupp (hamstring) is day-to-day, “I don’t think it’s anything to be overly concerned with.” McVay indicated he’s hopeful to have Kupp back for joint practices with Raiders.
- Contested catch won by Puka Nacua on a deeper ball from Stafford down the sideline. Nacua steady all the way through the catch. (video)
- Matthew Stafford just launched a deep touchdown pass down the sideline to Tutu Atwell.
- Perfectly placed ball by Stafford finding Kyren Williams down the sideline. Williams has been making plays like this (as a pass-catcher) throughout camp.
- De’Von Achane is not practicing. He’s walking very gingerly. He’s doing a rehab assignment on the side. McDaniel says it’s day to day and the team doesn’t have concerns.
- Elijah Higgins is having a really nice day.
- Tua Tagovailoa throws an interception to Eli Apple at the 1-yard line. Second interception of the day for Tua.
- Tua Tagovailoa with the long touchdown to Tyreek Hill. (video)
- According to Tyler Forness: “Jordan Addison continued his impressive training camp and created a lot of separation, including smoking starting cornerback Akayleb Evans on a comeback route. Addison made it look like he was a 10+ year vet.” (video)
- According Alec Lewis, “Neither Kene Nwangwu nor Ty Chandler has run away with the (#2) job…questions about pass protection…it would not surprise me to see the Vikings take a shot on a veteran”
New England Patriots
- First target of 11s from Mac Jones is a completed screen to Demario Douglas.
- Demario Douglas caught two more passes from Mac Jones in team drills today, and finished with a team-high 4 catches.
New Orleans Saints
- Rashid Shaheed and Tre’Quan Smith left early with groin injuries on Saturday.
- Jake Haener was having a great day but just got picked off by Smoke Monday.
- Alvin Kamara is trending up this offseason. He looks good, and is showing it every day.
- Alvin Kamara didn’t have all of his burst last season. He got with his new trainer, fixed a muscle asymmetry in his legs, learned how to control his heart rate to combat fatigue. He looks more explosive. And the Saints have the data to prove it.
New York Giants
- Another big TD catch by Jalin Hyatt. Seemingly came out of nowhere. That speed is special.(video)
- Daniel Jones 9/9 to start team drills. Just finished off a drive throwing to a wide open Saquon Barkley for a TD.
- Daniel Jones at 20/24 today and he really spread the ball around well to 10 different receivers.
- When Darren Waller is on the field, Daniel Jones is looking for him. (video)
New York Jets
- Zach Wilson is looking really good in 7 on 7 drills. Throwing his passes with touch. Everything has been where only the receiver can get it.
- Aaron Rodgers with a couple of great throws, on the move, at the sideline to Jeremy Ruckert and Corey Davis, who dragged his toes to stay inbounds. (video)
- The Aaron Rodgers and Mecole Hardman connection could be fun this season. Hardman’s acceleration works so well with Rodgers’ quick trigger.
- Zach Wilson with a dart to Jason Brownlee. Brownlee continues to make plays and impress in camp. (video)
- It was a stellar day for Aaron Rodgers until the end of practice. He completed his first eight passes in a row in 11 on 11 and was 11/12 before an Allen Lazard drop. Then there was the Sauce Gardner interception to end practice. Sauce came out of nowhere at the goal line and ran it back 100 yards for a TD.
- Jalen Hurts Training Camp Stats, Day 7: 13/19, 1 TD, 0 INT. A solid practice. Most of the sloppy play was before snap from the offense. But his accuracy was good and pretty good decision making.
- Jalen Hurts best throw of the day was a TD to AJ Brown from about 25-yards out.
- Kenny Pickett in Friday night’s practice: 11/12, 108 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs. Only incompletion was Pickens making the catch but stepping out of bounds in 7 shots. No pass Pickett threw hit the ground.
- Pickett’s rapport with Allen Robinson has been evident throughout camp.
- George Pickens with the toe-tapping grab in the endzone from Pickett. (video)
- According to Daniel Jeremiah: “George Pickens’ hype is real. He has everything it takes to be elite WR. Burst, body control & hands +++”
- Darnell Washington is enormous. He is listed at 264. No chance! He held his own vs TJ Watt in 1-1’s. He’s a smooth mover too.
- Darnell Washington with the great route and grab for the TD on a perfect ball. (video)
- According to Alex Koroza. “Calvin Austin settling in and really becoming a downfield threat. Now happening almost every day.”
San Francisco 49ers
- Sam Darnold has an interception on tip still and a sack. Trey Lance is struggling with placement at the moment. An overthrow deep to Deebo Samuel and an underthrow to Jauan Jennings, which came on a sack.
- Can understand why Kyle Shanahan wanted Sam Darnold. Darnold’s got the arm talent, but slow processing. Shanahan can just tell him where to throw in his offense.
- According to Rohan Chakrav, “Tyrion Davis-Price continues to stack good days, standing out yet again with another solid day of work…You could make an argument for him to be the top backup to McCaffrey this season, even over Jordan Mason, and his teammates have shared nothing short of praise for the former third-rounder.”
- According to Matt Barrows, “”The 49ers’ dedication to throwing to their tailbacks this summer makes you think a 1,000-1,000 year is possible Christian McCaffrey. Throws to the running back have been a major theme of training camp.”
- Kenny McIntosh will likely be out a couple weeks due a left knee sprain, Pete Carroll says.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Baker Mayfield fared much better than Kyle Trask in a move-the-chains period.
- Baker Mayfield having a really sharp period in WR/DB one-on-ones, including three straight successful back-corner throws to Deven Thompkins, Kade Warner and Rakim Jarrett.
- Trey Palmer with a great rep in red zone 1-on-1s, adjusting to the pass before the defender and going up high to snare the pass over his opponent.
- Curtis Samuel did not take any reps in the final 20-minute team period due to tightness and the team wanted to be cautious. He had a convo with Eric Bieniemy on the field just before the start of the period, then stood on the sideline holding his helmet the whole time.