- Bijan Robinson looks so good in 2s in full pads. Makes a grab and breaks free. (video)
- Tyler Allgeier still getting time with the first team and started off with a nice run.
- Kyle Pitts with a nice grab in coverage on 2s. Pitts has been targeted regularly today by Desmond Riddler. (video)
- Bijan Robinson had the best run of the day, juking multiple players out of their cleats.
- Michael Wilson has had a very nice camp (video). He makes at least one strong catch every practice.
- Zay Flowers had another dominant day, won his three one-on-ones and had two red zone TDs. (video)
- Odell Beckham had a pair of nice touchdowns but also had a bad drop.
- Odell Beckham looks smoother each day as a route runner. He cooked a CB on an inside-out release in the red zone for an easy TD and got open downfield for a big catch opportunity
- The offensive line held up better today.
- James Cook struggled a bit in pass protection.
- Dalton Kincaid hasn’t dropped the football at all. The trust with Josh Allen is growing daily. There was an interesting play where they ran a screen pass to him.
- Khalil Shakir with a beauty of a route for the touchdown. Shakir is projected to be the Bills starting slot receiver.
Carolina Panthers – check out the new pod with beat writer Sheena Quick
- Bryce Young completes his first pass of team drills to Adam Thielen, who consistently gets open for the rookie.
- Bryce Young with two touchdowns today to DJ Chark.
- Bryce Young with a dart to Hayden Hurst for a touchdown. He’s looked great delivering in tight windows.
- Terrace Marshall Jr makes acrobatic catch of deep throw from Andy Dalton. He needs to step up with plays like that this year. Sheena is projecting a big year for TMJ
- Laviska Shenault has a nice TD dance after scoring a touchdown on a run around the left side in red zone drill. The wide receiver will be a weapon in many ways. He scored a TD on a handoff in the red zone. (video)
- The biggest change in Justin Fields since his rookie year? His release! It is much tighter and compact as well as quicker. He no longer has that big hitch at the top of his throwing motion.
- Justin Fields continues to connect with DJ Moore. (video)
- The offense had back to back TDs. First one was a Darnell Mooney end around and the other was a Fields pass to Chase Claypool
- Darnell Mooney looks to be 100%
- Justin Fields has shown “strengthened trust” in Chase Claypool
- Tyler Scott continued his nice Camp on Tuesday, catching a big gainer from Fields during a 2 minute drill (video)
- Trayveon Williams suffered what is believed to be a mild ankle sprain
- Tyler Boyd is able to secure the catch with one hand through some PI on the defender (video)
- Ja’Marr Chase takes an outside route to the house. (video)
- On Bengals back up RBs: “And who’ll be next after Joe Mixon in the backfield remains an open question, with Trayveon Williams, Chris Evans and rookie Chase Brown (who’s got some Austin Ekeler to his game) in that mix. All those guys have ability, but the player who proves himself as a pass blocker will significantly factor into who gets the call in replacing Samaje Perine.”
- Elijah Moore‘s ability to carry the ball and run great routes out of the backfield are just some of the things that make him so versatile.
- Elijah Moore, Cedric Tillman and Daylen Baldwin as guys who have really stood out in the WR room with Amari Cooper and Marquise Goodwin out at times.
- Kellen Mond will start at QB for the Browns in the Hall of Fame game Thursday vs the Jets. Rookie Dorian Thompson–Robinson will be Cleveland’s QB in the second half, according to Kevin Stefanski
- Deshaun Watson and Moore ran an option from the backfield (video). Browns are looking for any way to get the ball in Elijah Moore’s hands.
- Cedric Tillman made the catch of camp, laying out on the near sideline to haul in a pass from QB Kellen Mond with 5 secs. left in 2 min drill to set up tying FG.
- Even if there was tackling, Nick Chubb would’ve housed two runs. (video)
- Ezekiel Elliott will not be reuniting with the Cowboys. HC Mike McCarthy: “Well, because of the reps. We’re just not going to hit a bump and then give up on the path. We want to see these young guys. I want to see them play in games.”
- Deuce Vaughn catches the ball and hits spin move and decimated the defender, slipped a tackle and then gained another 20 yards.
- Deuce Vaughn with the grab and a couple great moves to get up the field (video)
- Dak Prescott and the Cowboy wide receivers were absolutely cooking in Tuesday’s practice:
- Ceedee Lamb goalline 2 point conversion and celebration with Brandin Cooks (video)
- Brandin Cooks caught his own 2 point conversion shortly after. It was a dime from Dak (video)
- KaVontae Turpin caught several passes today (video, video2, video3)
- Michael Gallup had a stellar catch for a touchdown (video)
- Jalen Tolbert made a defender look silly (video)
- Ceedee Lamb was unstoppable (video, video2)
- Jerry Jeudy’s route running remains elite. He had his way during 1-on-1s.
- Javonte Williams, who’s returning from an ACL, hasn’t been limited in any capacity so far in camp. His first day off will be tomorrow. But Williams doesn’t plan to take the off day. He told me he’s planning to be in full pads and will get some conditioning in on the side.
Green Bay Packers
- Jayden Reed continues to showcase his speed on end arounds, even when they aren’t successful.
- Jordan Love continues to stack good practices. He had nice throws to Luke Musgrave and Christian Watson.
- The offense has struggled as a whole in situational drills
- C.J Stroud picked during the second session of teams. Stroud’s 3rd pick in two days.
- Davis Mills scrambles and throw on the run finding Nico Collins. (video)
- 20 minutes after practice, John Metchie is working on releases on an empty half of a practice field.
- OC Bobby Slowik: “The vision for QB position right now is getting the ball out and into the playmaker’s hands. The emphasis for that position is efficiency and keeping command of the offense.”
- Slowik on Tank Dell: “(He) is extremely fun to coach… He is an elite separator.”
- Xazavian Valladay is a name to watch at Texans Camp. He’s an UDFA RB and had a nice screen play today (video)
- “There’s no clear no. 1 WR”
- Something to keep an eye on as camp continues is the running back splits between Deon Jackson and Evan Hull.
- Anthony Richardson is back at practice and immediately gets started with first-team red zone reps.
- Gardner Minshew tossed 3 TDs in 3 plays in red zone drill. One to Downs, Granson and Strachan. Minshew followed it up with a pick six.
- Mike Strachan is flashing today.
- Michael Pittman Jr. is having a day. Some nice acrobatic catches in good coverage.
- Anthony Richardson goes 3-for-4 with three conversions during third down team drills. Hit second reads, moved well in the pocket, accurate on three of those throws.
- “Richardson received all of the first-team reps, but as should be expected for an inexperienced rookie, he had his first shaky day of camp, with his accuracy leaning into inconsistency. It appeared to be more of an issue with timing than things like mechanics and footwork. Richardson went 5-of-13 passing“
- “D’Ernest Johnson just keeps making plays. He had the offensive sideline go crazy over two long runs on Monday. He will be one to watch when the pads come on.” according to John Shipley
- Tank Bigsby is hitting the hole with force during his red zone runs. He looks like an unstoppable force running up the gut. Inside zone and inside gap stuff should be his bread and butter.
- Trevor Lawrence had made his best throw of camp to Zay Jones who had an equally impressive catch.
- Calvin Ridley left practice early, has his pads off and is sitting in the cool zone.
- Evan Engram with the TD catch from Trevor Lawrence in tight coverage.
- “(Tank) Bigsby scored 2 rushing TDs during a red-zone period against the starting defense, showing impressive downhill acceleration to combine with his hulking size. Bigsby looked like a runaway freight train when hitting the hole and if Tuesday was any indication, he could be in line for short-yardage touches early in his career.”
- Zay Jones had the most impressive practice of the day
Las Vegas Raiders
- Ameer Abdullah on Zamir White: “That guy finishes, man. He’s so willing to listen, he’s a sponge.”
- The team is open to restarting talks with Josh Jacobs, with the hopes of getting him to rejoin the team, which still remains the goal for the organization.
Los Angeles Chargers
- Josh Palmer made a sick one-handed catch (video)
Los Angeles Rams
- Tutu Atwell is having a good camp. He’s fighting for the WR3 spot
- Monitoring a Cooper Kupp injury. He left practice with an athletic trainer. Update – it’s a hamstring injury that is expected to keep him out a few weeks
- “I’ve counted at least three times this practice where Puka Nacua has shown strong, reliable hands catching passes from Matthew Stafford”
- Demarcus Robinson is the leader in the clubhouse for the WR3 spot. He has been impressive in every practice
- Quick screen to De’Von Achane with room to work. Dolphins have been working to get Achane the ball in his hands in space. (video)
- Tua continues to tear up the middle of the field. On one particular play, he climbed the pocket and fired a laser to Jaylen Waddle
- Alexander Mattison limped off today but it seems minor.
New England Patriots
- Rhamondre Stevenson is practicing today after yesterday’s load management.
- Mike Gesicki was the starting TE today in 7s.
- Really nice pitch and catch from Mac Jones to Devante Parker along the left sideline.
- Mac Jones in 11s has made some good throws to Devante Parker, Henry Henry and Kendrick Bourne. Mac was pushing the ball down the field more today.
- Adrian Phillips on the Bill O’Brien offense: “variety. You never see the same thing twice.”
- Tyquan Thornton saw no targets on Monday.
- Kevin Harris remains ahead of Pierre Strong.
- Hunter Henry said he came into camp lighter and feels different. He’s playing faster and it’s shown at camp.
- “JuJu Smith-Schuster and DeVante Parker have consistently been the Patriots top two WRs. The third WR spot has been more up for grabs. Bourne led off in that spot today, but we’ve also seen Thornton and Douglas.”
New Orleans Saints
- Michael Thomas: “I feel like I’m trending in the right direction“. MT has a huge chip on his shoulder this year
- Chris Olave and Rashid Shaheed have “looked great” and the passing attack is “greatly improved”
New York Giants
- Saquon Barkley looks explosive. Had 2 big plays in the pass game today
- Not as sharp of a day for Daniel Jones as he’s been having.
New York Jets
- Corey Davis is practicing today after missing a few days with an illness.
- Jeremy Ruckert drops an Aaron Rodgers pass in the end zone, then rebounds moments later with a diving catch. Later in the session he mad a great contested TD catch. Harrison Glaser called this his “breakout szn”. (video)
- Garret Wilson is expected back at practice on Saturday after missing the last few with an ankle injury
- Aaron Rodgers said he is open to playing two more years with the Jets
- Jason Brownlee has been popping off at Jets Camp and had an OBJ-esque one-handed catch in Tuesday’s practice (video)
- Rodgers finished the day 6/11 with two TDs.
- Zach Wilson will start the HOF game on Thursday.
- AJ Brown just had two consecutive catches against good coverage. Later, Jalen Hurts with a perfect 40+ yd touchdown pass to AJ Brown over the middle.
- Jalen Hurts on the run finds DeVonta Smith about 20 yards down the field. Lead him perfectly over the middle to the sideline.
- Jalen Hurts Training Camp Stats, Day 4: 15/17, 2 TD, 0 INT, outstanding day. Was surgical with the ball against the 1st team defense.
- Jalen Hurts with the perfect ball placement to DeVonta Smith. (video)
- George Pickens might have had the catch of Training Camp (video)
- Jaylen Warren broke off a big run in practice.
San Francisco 49ers
- Brock Purdy was the best quarterback on the team today. A very accurate day and a variety of solid throws on the day. Purdy went 8/10 passing, all with the first team
- Trey Lance had a solid day. Third consecutive day of solid practice, but mixed in some good throws with some bad throws. Lance went 4/6 passing, all with the second team.
- Brandon Aiyuk, who tipped the ball and then caught it for a completion.
- Jordan Mason and Ty Davis-Price both flashed today.
- Tyler Lockett caught a long touchdown today. He’s still got it.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Kyle Trask started with the 1s, Baker Mayfield with the 2s
- Mayfield has struggled a bit, while Trask is stringing together a few good practices in a row. The QB1 job seems to be Trask’s to lose
- HC Todd Bowles says the quarterback’s #1 responsibility is to not turn the ball over and Kyle Trask avoiding INTs once again is a “great thing.”
- Chris Godwin and Mike Evans both had great practices.
- DeAndre Hopkins and Treylon Burks getting in some footwork drills. (video)
- Derrick Henry had one carry and two receptions in 11s on the opening drill.
- Ryan Tannehill was sacked multiple times today.
- Willis Levis looks good in his first work with the 2s.
- “Sam Howell has looked impressive at times, but hasn’t been perfect, as one should expect from a quarterback entering his second season. As the defense has slowly ramped up its physicality, the pressure has led to overthrows and three interceptions in the last two practices.” according to Zach Selby
- Finally Chris Rodriguez makes a noteworthy play. He broke through the middle of the defense for about a 10-yard gain before getting contact.
- Terry McLaurin just made one of THOSE catches. One-handed extended catch brought into his body while flying parallel to the ground. (video)