- James Conner delivering the boom. (video)
- Todd Monken on Zay Flowers always trying to get YAC: “With his quickness, he gets rewarded for that. When I did that [as a player], I got stuck in the dirt. I tried to make his moves, and it didn’t work. So then I slid and I got down.”
- Monken on how far behind JK Dobbins is after missing 8 practices: “Great question because he hasn’t repped yet, so it’s hard for me to know when he is not out there. It’s just the way it is. We’ll find out when he does get out there.”
- Dawson Knox and Dalton Kincaid showing a diverse route tree in the red zone.
- Dawson Knox took a hand-off on an end-around. Going to be interesting how the Bills use their TEs this year.
- Damien Harris getting more run with the first team offense today.
- James Cook into the end zone for a touchdown on an outside run.
- Gabe Davis touchdown. Davis continues to be dominant. Great throw from Josh Allen. (video)
- Joe Pearson on D.J. Chark: “‘He’s earned the trust of Bryce,’ Jefferson (WR Coach) said of Chark. ‘Any time Bryce sees him out there one-on-one, Bryce is gonna take a chance. He’s earned that right from Bryce.’”
- Terrance Marshall has really surged over the last four practices. (video)
- Charlie Jones had to get carted off with a shoulder injury. He made an impressive diving catch down the sideline before he got hurt
- Ja’Marr Chase mossed Sidney Jones
- Joe Mixon had a strong goal line touchdown
- Irv Smith continues his strong Camp
- Trayveon Williams says his ankle is just sprained and he’s day to day. He’s in a boot, but he said diagnosis was a huge sigh of relief.
- According to Zac Jackson, “With Ford out, John Kelly Jr. was generally up as the No. 2 running back ahead of Demetric Felton Jr. Expect to see a lot of Kelly and undrafted rookie running back Hassan Hall in Thursday’s Hall of Fame Game.”
- Jerome Ford resting alongside Nick Chubb on the sidelines. Both were active with pregame planning.
- Michael Gehlken says “Multiple Cowboys coaches, including Mike McCarthy today, have brought up a blitz protection rookie Deuce Vaughn had Monday in first padded practice as example of Vaughn knowing how to use his leverage as tool. Team plans to be smart with what it asks of 5’5” RB, but he’s impressed”
- Tony Pollard with a some great ball tracking and a smooth catch on a wheel route (video)
- Michael Gallup with the long TD catch over Diggs (video)
- Dak Prescott had a couple interceptions in today’s practice and Twitter freaked out.
- Javonte Williams will see the field for the Broncos in the preseason.
- Courtland Sutton is transitioning well and running well. What he did in 2019 was impressive and they’ve seen some of that during camp this year.
- Jared Goff completed 18 of 24 passes and had 2 touchdowns during an intrasquad scrimmage today, but also was picked off once and nearly twice.
- Amon-Ra St. Brown added another touchdown on the starters’ final drive of the day, by the way, and finished with nine catches from Goff overall — matching the rest of the team combined.”
Green Bay Packers
- Luke Musgrave just displayed his incredible athleticism at camp. (video)
- Matt LaFleur says he expects to have a “featured back” in each preseason game to help determine RB depth chart behind Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon. Might give third RB candidates a full half to work each week. Tyler Goodson, Patrick Taylor and Lew Nichols are going to get ample opportunity to display their talent.
- Tyler Goodson having himself a day. He’s made a couple long gains in open field then a 38-yard run. He looks impressive out in space.
- Nice toss from CJ Stroud to Dameon Pierce. The RB passing game should be active in Houston this year.
- Dalton Schultz isn’t practicing today. He’s working on the side. Looks fine.
- CJ Stroud started with the 1’s today. He hit Nico Collins for his first TD pass of camp.
- Through two team periods CJ Stroud is having his best day so far. The ball is coming out quick, passes are accurate and his timing looks good. (video)
- CJ Stroud went 6-9 with a TD, had couple plays where he scrambled including a 19-yard gainer. He rarely held onto the ball as it came out quick. Davis Mills went 4-12 with a couple drops.
- Rookie WR Xavier Hutchinson got some reps in with the 1s during team today.
- John Metchie say “I feel 110%” and feels he’s better physically than he was in college.
- John Metchie is someone you want in your locker room because of his attitude and work ethic. That first TD is going to be a special moment for this roster.
- Joel Erickson: “Anthony Richardson has struggled with his timing in certain spots — holding onto the ball too long on some plays, firing off-balance and early when there’s room to set his feet on others. The Colts knew plays like those were coming when they drafted Richardson.”
- Josh Downs’ turn to shine now in 7-on-7, he had a contested catch while going to the ground blanketed by LB.
- Anthony Richardson taking practically all the first team reps at Colts practice this morning.
- Anthony Richardson tosses his first red-zone TD to RB Evan Hull. Good to see him getting work with Jonathan Taylor not in camp.
- Anthony Richardson finds Alec Pierce on a great zone-beating curl route. (video)
- Brenton Strange with his best catch of camp.
- Tank Bigsby might have some of the best hands on the team. Makes one handed catches look routine.
- Calvin Ridley said he trained off-season in one style of cleats, then switched to different style for camp. Bottom of foot by toe got sore so switched back. “I’m better. I’m good.”
- Tank Bigsby palms a punt while holding 3 other footballs (video)
- Travis Etienne displaying some smooth moves and a nice catch (video)
Kansas City Chiefs
- Top-team receivers have consistently been Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Skyy Moore and Justin Watson.
- Patrick Mahomes just connecting with all his pass catchers today:
Los Angeles Rams
- Matthew Stafford with the tight-window completion to Puka Nacua near the sideline during 11-on-11, with Nacua making an equally impressive catch with two defenders nearby.
- Matthew Stafford with a beautiful throw to Tyler Higbee, who makes the jumpball catch for the TD during redzone drills.
- Xavien Howard picked off Tua Tagovailoa in 3-on-3 half field drills. That’s interception No. 3 of camp.
- Devon Achane’s speed puts pressure on the DL to get off their blocks quickly. They cannot here and Achane gets to the second level. Next run he gets around the edge with a well-blocked outside run.
- Devon Achane’s vision and understanding how to press holes pops here as he hits a homerun. Takes his track in tight to the tackle and then uses his speed and the space he has to the perimeter to run away from the defense – goes for about 30. He’s had a lot of good runs today including a 21 yard gain.
- Tua Tagovailoa has pressure off his left, and in his face. Hitches up, slides out, drops the arm angle and whips it between the 1 and 7 to Jaylen Waddle for a conversion. There’s a reason this QB converts on 3rd and long at a high level regardless of pressure.
- Braxton Berrios having a strong day at camp. (video)
- Raheem Mostert doing what he does when healthy – a nice run for a long gain. (video)
- Tua Tagovailoa finds Jaylen Waddle over the middle for a really nice gain (video)
- Omar Kelly feels that “Mostert is the lead back.” Goes on to say that he feels Devon Achane is still behind Salvon Ahmed.
- Kevin O’Connell on Jordan Addison:”He’s off to a really good start… what he’s done on the grass so far has confirmed a lot of the things that we expected from Jordan. He’s also done some things instinctively just playing football within the confines of our scheme… he’s showing a willingness to be a blocker, he’s showing understanding of how he fits within the scheme and the rhythm and timing of the QB in the pass game. I’m really excited about him.”
- Jordan Addison COOKED Jay Ward on a corner route out of a bunch formation. He is such a clean route runner.
- Alexander Mattison with the first touchdown of team red zone drills. He’s had a couple of nice, hard runs.
- DeWayne McBride runs an out route and makes a tough catch through contact.
- Kirk Cousins with back-to-back connections with Justin Jefferson during 11 on 11’s. Both were 20+ yard gains.
- Ty Chandler displayed great vision and burst on a long run. Tyler Forness thinks Chandler will win the RB2 job.
New England Patriots
- Demario Douglas and Kendrick Bourne went 2-0. Douglas was dominant. His route running was so slick he had CB Marcus Jones going the wrong direction.
- Hunter Henry, Demario Douglas and Rhamondre Stevenson all stood out during 1-on-1’s.
- Mac Jones is still on fire.. His second completion of 11-on-11s is a 40-yard completion to Tre Nixon on a deep corner route
- Mac Jones to JuJu Smith-Schuster for another 5-yard red-zone TD. Defensive backs stood around confounded after the play.
- Kayshon Boutte made a great TD catch in the corner from Bailey Zappe. Boutte has flashed in these last two practices after what he admitted was a slow start to camp.
- We got two, “that’s my guy“s out of Mac Jones today: WR Demario Douglas and TE Mike Gesicki.
New York Giants
- Parris Campbell worked on the side today at practice. Campbell has caught a ton of passes so far in the first week.
- Jalin Hyatt caught a bomb from Daniel Jones over double coverage. (video)
- Cole Beasley has been the top slot WR with Campbell out.
- Daniel Jones just hit Jalin Hyatt for another bomb TD. Hyatt is cooking.
- Offense looked good today. Daniel Jones was 12/17 with a TD in 11 on 11’s and 4/4 in 7 on 7’s with another TD. Both TDs were to Jalin Hyatt.
- Dan Duggan thinks there’s a possibility that Jalin Hyatt could be a Week 1 starter if he continues to play like he did today.
- If camp is any indication, Saquon Barkley has essentially only been targeted on checkdowns and screens so far in team drills which falls in line to what happened last season.
- Nick Sirianni says the Eagles really liked Trey Sermon in the draft. Seems to imply they might have drafted him but didn’t get a chance. Has been very impressed by him so far in camp.
- No matter the scenario, the Jalen Hurts to A.J. Brown connection has been on point every single practice.
- Jeff Stoutland is ecstatic with Kenny Gainwell after he hits the hole hard with balance and low pad level during 11v11. Nick Sirianni gives Gainwell and entire o-line kudos too after offense gets off to nice early start.
- Jalen Hurts Training Camp Stats, Day 5: 8/12, 0 TD, 0 INT. His accuracy was once again very good today. Fit a few passes into very tight windows over the field to Dallas Goedert. Started practice 6/6, including a nice throw to DeVonta Smith.
- The running back rotation is far from settled but D’Andre Swift has made the strongest impression to this point at camp, in my view. He ripped off a long run up the gut and added a nice catch over the middle.
- Eliot Shorr-Parks says he thinks “D’Andre Swift is def RB1 on this team.”
- Darnell Washington had his best day of Camp, catching a 21 yard touchdown.
- “Not setting off alarm bells but Kenny Pickett didn’t have a good practice today. Struggled to produce in 7 shots, threw the pick in two-minute, a miss to Pickens. Not his sharpest day.” according to Alex Kozora.
San Francisco 49ers
- Brock Purdy overthrew an open Deebo Samuel on a 15-yard crosser for his first throw. Rebounded well with 4 completions, including a nice ball between windows to Brandon Aiyuk for 12-15. Another was to Jauan Jennings on a PA crosser for 15.
- First interception of training camp for Trey Lance comes during move the ball. Ball seemed it would’ve been a little behind WR.
- Kyle Shanahan on Brock Purdy today: “Brock’s the real deal. He knows how to play.”
- Zach Charbonnet has returned to practice. Ken Walker remains out. Based on comments from Pete Carroll a few days ago, many thought Walker was closer to a return than Charbonnet. (video)
- Zach Charbonnet’s shoulder is fine and he’ll play in the mock game tomorrow.
- Geno Smith throws a 45-yard touchdown to DK Metcalf on a free play.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Russell Gage, who was idle at the start of camp last week due to a leg injury, is now getting reps in full-team drills. Just ran one rep out of the slot in 11 personnel with Mike Evans and Chris Godwin. Ran an out and up and caught a 20-yard pass.
- Baker Mayfield goes deep and connects with Mike Evans on the left sideline for about 30 yards.
- Kyle Trask got offense down to goal line but couldn’t close it out — dumpoff to Ronnie Brown close to end zone, then nice catch by Payne Durham but stopped short of pylon.
- Asked about Bucs’ young receivers, Baker Mayfield points to Deven Thompkins’ body control in the air and called rookie Rakim Jarrett a “huge steal.”
- Otton has been naturally progressing and studying how the offense from last season. He is primed to have a bigger and better sophomore season.
- Treylon Burks physicality on display at Titans training camp today. Multiple jump ball TD catches in goal line work. (video)
- Kyle Philips looks to have taken his 3rd down chain moving skill set to goal line drills. Good development.
- Will Levis drilled in a sideline TD pass to Reggie Roberson to end a 2-minute drill the length of the field.
They’re airing it out today. No pads, but two Sam Howell bombs just now. The first to Jahan Dotson and then to Dyami Brown.