- Mack Hollins looking majestic (pic)
- Kyle Pitts looking like himself on this out route (video)
- Drake London mossing a DB (video)
- Impossible to cover route by Bijan Robinson in a one-on-one against an LB (video)
- “There is at least one thing (Bijan) does a day which is just special. Today, whenever he ran the ball he just hit the hole so well and so fluidly within the construct of the blocking. He also has the ability to step and cut within a half-step of how he moves. There’s a reason Arthur Smith is ‘pretty damn pleased’” according to Michael Rothstein
- Colt McCoy went 3/3 with three TDs passing in the red zone including this one to rookie Michael Wilson (video)
- There’s a non-zero chance that Clayton Tune is a Week 1 rookie NFL starting quarterback according to Gregg Rosenthal.
- Tune and Wilson are making a connection in camp (video)
- Colt McCoy finds Rondale Moore for a nice gain (video)
- Greg Dortch is very smooth with the adjustment and catch (video)
- Agholor had a nice day, including red zone TD. Treadwell had deep catch on probably Huntley’s best show of camp. Bridges had TD. More precision in passing game overall.
- First 11-on-11 play with pads and James Cook has a huge run down the sideline. Two plays later Josh Allen hit Stefon Diggs with a deep ball down the sideline. It was a bit underthrown, but Diggs made a great adjustment
- Gabe Davis had perhaps his best practice of Camp as evidenced by a perfectly timed high point of the ball, in stride over Tre White for a TD
- The Offense had a dominant day on Monday. Diggs, Davis, Cook and Dalton Kinkaid all had big plays.
- “Kincaid was dependable as usual in the passing game, getting a number of targets and going without a drop through team drills.” according to Matt Parrino
- Hayden Hurst on what he’s expecting this season: “I love it. This is the opportunity that I’ve always asked for. I prepared this offseason like the ball’s gonna come my way a lot. So I’m in the best shape of my life.”
- Bryce Young precision (video)
- Terrace Marshall had his best play of Camp – a diving catch over the middle
- The first negative news from Bears Training Camp: “Rough execution from 1st team offense during the two-minute drill. Drive started with a botched snap, two 1st down catches back to back by Chase Claypool, ended with Fields throwing a deep ball into double coverage (and) picked off…”
- D’onta Foreman is getting first team reps along with Khalil Herbert
- Justin Jones on what’s different for the Bears’ offense this season: “(Numbers) 1 and 2, Justin Fields and DJ Moore. Yeah, that’s different. That’s really different. … They have a really, really good connection. I think that’s really going to be scary this season.”
- Ja’Marr Chase with the great catch on an underthrown deep pass (video)
- Tee Higgins reaches behind to make the grab from Jake Browning (video)
- Joe Burrow is in the locker room at his locker with the sleeve on his right calf walking with no limp.
- DFS Alert: “With (Jerome) Ford out, John Kelly Jr. was generally up as the No. 2 running back ahead of Demetric Felton Jr. Expect to see a lot of Kelly and undrafted rookie running back Hassan Hall in Thursday’s Hall of Fame Game.”
- CeeDee Lamb on Dak Prescott: “He’s very aggressive.. And he’s looking for the deep ball now. And as you (saw on Saturday), it’s up there. So if you’re not gonna back up, this is a warning to everybody, if you’re not gonna back up, good luck.”
- Lamb on the offensive changes: “Really not much. Different play-calling, of course, but it’s just a lot simpler. All the offense is in Dak’s hands now.. However he’s feeling versus the coverage. If he likes the matchup, we’re gonna call that play. If he likes whatever he likes versus zone, he’s gonna call that play. So technically, it’s all in Dak’s hands. We’re moving much faster, at a different pace.”
- Dak was cooking during monday’s practice. He found Brandin Cooks a few times for chunk plays as well as Ceedee Lamb.
- Who has caught Mike McCarthy’s eye behind Cowboys RB Tony Pollard? “I tell you, I’m loving Rico (Dowdle), and it’s great to have him back. Malik (Davis) has taken that jump that you’re looking for. Those guys really jump out. Obviously, we’ve got to get Deuce (Vaughn) involved.”
- Dak Prescott hits Brandin Cooks deep for touchdown to conclude the opening first-team 11-on-11 drive in pads of training camp.(video)
- Deuce Vaughn has impressed between the tackles. Patrik Walker says “He disappears then reappears in a different dimension.”
- Judging by this run Tony Pollard looks like he is fully recovered (video)
- Terrible news as Tim Patrick tore his achilles. Really tough break for a really good veteran receiver
- Marvin Mims is back at practice and he’ll be ramped up slowly
- KJ Hamler was diagnosed with pericarditis, a mild heart irritation. He said he’s taking a “quick break to get this all taken care of.”
- Jaleel McLaughlin is turning heads at camp.
- Rough start for Jameson Williams in his first padded practice of the summer. Dropped two balls against air, then went 0-3 during red zone one-on-ones
- Williams did kind of redeem himself by sparking a big run from Jahmyr Gibbs with a huge block
- Then Williams cooked a DB and created a ton of space but he and the QB weren’t on the same page
- Sam LaPorta catching the ball through “traffic” (video)
- Jahmyr Gibbs with probably the nicest RB route we’ve seen in camp (video)
Green Bay Packers
- Matt LaFleur on Christian Watson: “He is one of the most intelligent players that I’ve ever been around. He just seems like a much more confident player, and I think we saw that take shape last year, maybe halfway through the season.”
- Jordan Love had a beautiful strike to Watson for a 67 yard TD (video)
- Xavier Hutchinson had another highlight – a 35 yard catch on a vertical route from Davis Mills.
- C.J Stroud was 5-10 passing with 2 INT’s during team drills today. He is still working on learning a new scheme.
- Colts statement: “Anthony Richardson had a procedure on his nose yesterday to correct his nasal septum. He will miss practice today and depending on how he feels we expect him to return tomorrow.”
- Monitoring a Jelani Woods upper left leg injury
- Josh Downs had a nice one-handed catch (video)
- Zack Moss broke his arm and is expected to be out for at least 6 weeks. That leaves Deon Jackson and rookie Evan Hull in the Giants backfield.
- WR Parker Washington has been very good in Jags Camp
- Zay Jone with a highlight reel catch (video)
- Calvin Ridley with an excellent route against tight coverage (video)
Kansas City Chiefs
- Mahomes finds Richie James downfield (video)
- Mahomes with a deep pass to Skyy Moore (video)
- Mahomes to Ross for 6 (video)
Las Vegas Raiders
- Jimmy Garoppolo hasn’t had much success but he did find Davante Adams for a deep TD on Monday
- Mick Lombardi on rookies Michael Mayer and Tre Tucker: “No one has all the answers when they come into the league. … And I think those guys have done a good job of coming in here and taking the coaching.”
- Jakob Johnson praised Zamir White’s dedication, hard work, and focus, expressing excitement about running blocking for him. White has been the lead back with Jacobs not at camp.
Los Angeles Chargers
- Quentin Johnston had four drops today. He’s also been one of their best players in camp overall. He also had a nice high point catch in the endzone.
- Keenan Allen can still make a defender look silly (video)
- Parham has been the vertical guy to Everett’s short yardage/YAC. Love how he’s looked on limited targets.
Los Angeles Rams
- Stetson Bennett fires TD pass to Cooper Kupp, who makes tie-tap catch in back of the endzone.
- Jordan Addison is shiftier than his car (video)
- Kirk Cousins connects with rookie Jordan Addison in the back corner of the endzone (video)
- DeWayne McBride with the nice move and grab out of the backfield (video)
New England Patriots
- Ty Montgomery remains out of practice. Rinse and repeat from Training Camp’s past. Montgomery always starts hot then gets a nagging injury
- Another day of Demario Douglas hype… He’s getting run with the first team in multiple spots, providing much needed explosion for that offense.
- Kevin Harris was the RB1 today as Rhamondre Stevenson sat out. Harris even showed some pass catching chops. He had a really good practice.
- Kendrick Bourne caught his first pass in competitive drills of Training Camp
New Orleans Saints
- Best play of the day: Michael Thomas caught a back shoulder throw vs. Paulson Adebo in 1v1. Went to the ground with the ball and maintained possession.
- “First Kendre Miller run in pads didn’t disappoint.”
- Jake Haener hit Rashid Shaheed on a go route for a TD
- Haener has also continued to impress throughout his first training camp. Showed touch and timing and ability to move on earlier plays before unleashing the deep TD throw.
- Dennis Allen wants Alvin Kamara to meet with Roger Goodell sooner than later to get out ahead of everything and get his situation settled.
- “Kendre Miller unleashed an impressive run on an inside handoff early in practice. The rookie made a quick cut inside and was off to the races. He has flashed consistently throughout the early phases of camp in all areas of the game.” according to Nick Underhill
New York Giants
- Saquon catch on an angle route (video)
- Jalin Hyatt had a huge day on Monday
- Parris Campbell had 2 deep catches
- Daniel Jones has been showing elite level ball placement. He was 15/19 in the 11-on-11 period on Monday
- This throw and catch from Daniel Jones and Jalin Hyatt (video)
- Catches from Daniel Jones in 11 on 11 drills through 5 Giants practices:Darren Waller 10
Darius Slayton 9
Parris Campbell 8
Saquon Barkley 6
Isaiah Hodgins 4
Daniel Bellinger 3
8 different guys with 1 catch.
New York Jets
- “I think Mecole Hardman could have a bigger year than expected if he can stay healthy — he’s tailor made for those quick throws and he can get going really fast with the ball in his hands.”
- Aaron Rodgers completed 8 out of 19 with 1 touchdown and 1 interception. There were issues though, two drops and a couple of miscommunications. The best pass of the day was a deep sideline throw to Hardman, while the worst was an interception during the hurry-up offense.
- Last camp Kenny Pickett was Checkdown Charlie. This year, he’s airing it out. YPC + YPA way up compared to last year.
San Francisco 49ers
- John Lynch says he “really likes the early returns” on both Danny Gray and Ty Davis-Price
- Trey Lance had a strong day of camp, going 9-11 in team drills and in a move-the-ball drill. It was a nice mix of short and medium-long competitions for Lance.
- Brock Purdy had an extended session with the 1st team, getting 9 more reps than Trey Lance and Sam Darnold combined. He had a couple of fumbles, held the ball too long, made a few incomplete passes on 3rd downs and threw an interception.
- However he made up for it with the biggest play of the day, a 70-yard TD to Christian McCaffrey.
- On two separate occasions during team when he was going to throw, Purdy lost grip of the ball at the top of his throw before he could release it.
- Tyler Lockett makes Witherspoon look silly with a great comeback route (video)
- Jaxon Smith-Njigba’s routes continue to be a thing of beauty (video)
- “With coach Pete Carroll calling him ‘one of the highlights’ of camp so far, McIntosh continued to put everyone on notice during Monday’s practice. During individual drills, he demonstrated excellent contact balance running through the gauntlet and exhibited top-notch technique, hand placement, and pop in pass protection drills, drawing praise from position coach Chad Morton.” according to Corbin Smith
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Todd Bowles said yesterday that RB Ke’Shawn Vaughn has developed into a much more natural pass-catcher and it has been showing in 1-on-1s against LBs
- Nice catch by rookie Trey Palmer (video)
- After five Bucs practices, Baker Mayfield has thrown four interceptions (two today, one deflected) and Kyle Trask has only one.
- Treylon Burks had a nice catch on a deep outside route from Ryan Tannehill
- Ryan Tannehill rolled left and found Treylon Burks in the back to the end zone. Burks went up and caught it with one hand.
- Will Levis had an outstanding day at camp, throwing numerous touchdown passes. However, it was against the 3rd team defense. He may have a chance for reps with the 2s.
- Jahan Dotson looking smooth (video)
- Terry McLaurin had a toe tapping catch for a TD
- Sam Howell had an up and down day after a strong start to Camp