- Jonathan Gannon on Kyler Murray: “He’s doing great, getting a little bit better each day, he’s chomping at the bit.”
- Rookie WR Michael Wilson already running with the first-team Cardinal offense.
- Desmond Ridder shaky in the first 7-on-7 session. 1/3 with a miss deep to Drake London (would’ve been a TD) and miss to Kyle Pitts on an intermediate crosser.
- Desmond Ridder shows off the wheels and runs it in for a TD from 10 yards out.
- Bijan Robinson takes a dump-off for big yardage
- Arthur Smith praises the work that Bijan Robinson has done thus far. Mentions that he probably would’ve scored on several of his redzone carries had this been full contact.
- Todd Monken says the Ravens’ increased tempo helps “empower” Lamar Jackson, especially before the snap. He wants his QBs to have the time to read the defense and adjust when necessary.
- Todd Monken on Zay Flowers: “Zay Flowers? That’s a fun little toy right there, isn’t he. I’m just glad Eric, and the boys drafted him.”
- “The first impression of Melvin Gordon III is positive. He looks to be in great shape and showed good shiftiness and burst on a strong run up the middle during an 11-on-11 red-zone drill. Gordon has also been effective as a receiver out of the backfield.”
- The good: Their tight ends caught pretty much everything thrown their way. The bad: The passing offense has been a mess in the red zone.
- “One guy I’m liking at Bills camp is veteran WR Trent Sherfield, who comes over from the Dolphins. The Bills WR depth chart is wide open after Diggs and Gabe Davis, and Sherfield has been making a lot of plays in practice the last two days”
- Three days into camp and the best player has been Stefon Diggs. The Allen-Diggs connection hasn’t missed a step. Offense has been inconsistent but not those two.
- Buffalo’s fast-tracking Dalton Kincaid – seems they think we can be a low-key focal point of the offense.
- Kincaid is going to operate mostly as a WR and he’s going to be on the field a ton.
- In 2 days of training camp, I have seen one Bryce Young pass batted down at the line of scrimmage. So, is Young really too small?
- Lots of noise with Chase Claypool, but he’s practicing and this is what coach Matt Eberflus said: “I think he’s in a good spot … He feels like he’s in a good spot. I think he’s got a lot of confidence being the 2nd year into it.”
- Chase Claypool with an athletic cut to separate and beat a defender in one-on-one drills. He’s going to be an interesting player to watch during camp.
- Fields threaded the needle to DJ Moore in tight coverage. Justin Fields to DJ Moore for a connection through traffic in team drills. They seem plenty synced up already.
- Darnell Mooney is doing some side work with sprinting and cuts during special teams, this as part of his ramp-up period returning from injury.
- Khalil Herbert with a nice run during team drills. The left side of the line opened up a lane.
- Herbert and Foreman have been involved in the passing game quite a bit the last 3 practices. Check downs, screens, short passes.
- Tee Higgins, who is at practice and did individual work, participated in 11s with the starting group, now he is standing with the WR group but hasn’t lined up.
- Zac Taylor on Joe Burrow: Calf strain. It’ll take several weeks.
- Amari Cooper will return to practice today on a limited basis. First day in pads today and is moving well in position drills.
- Marcus Mosher points out that Jake Ferguson is being drafted as TE29 in Underdog and feels that just based off the first two days of camp, that feels FAR too low.
- Russell Wilson hinted that we are going to see him move around more this season and use his legs more frequently. Sean Payton is encouraging it during camp.
Green Bay Packers
- Jayden Reed on playing in the slot: “I actually like it, working with space, being able to attack guys, step on their toes and make a move. It’s really helping me out a lot to be able to work in space. I haven’t been able to do that in a long time and I’m enjoying it right now.”
- The #Packers offensive starters have opened with Luke Musgrave and Josiah Deguara on the field together three days in a row. Call it whatever you want, just call Deguara a starter.
- The run game looked good. Pierce looks like he’ll take another step. Singletary had a big run too.
- CJ Stroud connects with Tank Dell on an out route. Tank proceeded to shake three defenders to take the corner and work upfield.
- Pierce looks faster than last year. And the OL is better.
- Jim Irsay tells ESPN the Colts haven’t offered a contract to Jonathan Taylor at all, breaking team precedent of re-signing key players before the final year of their rookie contract begins. Taylor is still participating in training camp.
- Richardson gets first team snaps today but Colts will continue to rotate first-team reps.
- Richardson just scrambled and hit Alec Pierce on a bomb and the fans are in love. An unmentioned part of this play is that Alec Pierce is also still developing. For his ball-attacking play style, huge plays like that are such a confidence booster. Reggie Wayne mentioned (and Pierce has backed it up) how much more comfortable he’s come into Year 2 so far.
- Richardson took all 15 starting reps. Reverse of day 1. Was 3-of-5. Uncorked some more down the field stuff in 7-on-7. Gardner Minshew had 6 straight completions to end the day.
- The RPO game looks fun. Evan Hull looked explosive and sharp.
- Drew Ogletree is getting 1st-team reps with Jelani Woods and Josh Downs looks shifty after recovering his knee.
- “The training camp roommate for Anthony Richardson? Fellow draft pick Josh Downs.“
- Brenton Strange with a touchdown in team drills. Throw from Beathard
- Another awesome snag from Calvin Ridley on a crosser. Seems like he is just catching everything thrown his way.
- Couple of really nice runs for Tank Bigsby. Cheers from the crowd, Rauscher. Even earned a “LETS GO TANK” from TL16.
- Gerit Prince multiple TD catches from Trevor Lawrence in RZ work. The Jaguars appear to be getting their TEs involved regularly.
Kansas City Chiefs
- Patrick Mahomes just found Marquez Valdes-Scantling deep down the field on one of the first plays of 11-on-11. Beautiful throw and catch.
- Jody Fortson is down and in serious pain. Looks like a right arm issue
- Andy Reid says that Justyn Ross is getting better every day. Says padded practices will benefit him as a bigger receiver.
- Reid said the Chiefs are taking it a day at a time with RB Isiah Pacheco, wouldn’t give a timetable.
Las Vegas Raiders
- Jimmy Garoppolo isn’t practicing today, but it’s a predetermined rest day according to a source with knowledge of the situation. Nothing to worry about.
Los Angeles Rams
- “Kupp appears to have regained the form and fire that helped him win the so-called triple crown of receiving in 2021, when he was named the NFL’s offensive player of the year.”
- Puka Nakua left the field on a cart as practice ended, but team says he was just cramping and that’s the extent of it – a name to keep an eye on.
- Kirk Cousins also dropped a few dimes to Johnny Mundt, K.J. Osborn and Justin Jefferson
New England Patriots
- Ty Montgomery is ‘day to day’ now after a strong start to Camp. He was very active the first two days of camp.
- Three days into camp, there’s a clear top tier of Patriots skill players: TE: Henry, Gesicki, RB: Stevenson, Strong, WR: Smith-Schuster, Parker, Bourne, Thornton, Demario Douglas
- Mac Jones‘ first pass in team drills is a picture-perfect 20-yard TD to Hunter Henry, who caught the ball on a fade route over Adrian Phillips’ head and tumbled into the end zone.
- Rhamondre Stevenson is taking part in team drills today after he was limited yesterday.
New Orleans Saints
- Taysom Hill and Jake Haener split third team reps today. Lot to like about what Haener has shown so far. Made a very nice play where he was quick and decisive and immediately found Lynn Bowden open downfield. Haener throws the ball hard.
- Been a good day for Saints RBs catching passes out of the backfield. Alvin Kamara had a huge catch down the field on a swing pass in team drills. Kendre Miller had two nice catches in 7 on 7. And Eno Benjamin adjusted to catch a pass from Derek Carr in team.
- “(Kendre) made a nice fingertip grab during 7-on-7s on a pass from Jameis Winston… Miller also made a good catch where he ran through a tackle attempt. Tackling (wasn’t) live, but Miller turned the corner so quickly and was running with so much force so quickly that it’s hard to imagine he’d have been brought down on the play.”
New York Giants
- Sterling Shepard & Wan’Dale Robinson on PUP. Cole Beasley not practicing today. Big day for Kalil Pimpleton
- Daniel Jones went 6-for-6, capped with a deep completion to Darius Slayton. Slayton also had a big gain on a deep crosser. Jalin Hyatt had a catch on a comeback route from Jones, and a nice extend catch from Tyrod.
- Giants are giving Jalin Hyatt a lot of option routes of go/curls. Led to a couple nice grabs for Hyatt & 1 miscommunication where Daniel Jones threw deep & Hyatt curled.
- Jalen Hurts Day 2 Practice Stats: 11/14, 0 TD, 0 INT – Had one really nice deep throw, one underthrown deep pass. Mostly just smart, short passes outside of that.
- D’Andre Swift was a crowd pleaser. He elicited some “Ooohs” from the fans when he scampered into open space along the left sideline, then got an “OK Swift!” later in practice following a shifty run to the second level.
- Allen Robinson having a good day, looking like 2016-era ARob. He has looked as-advertised through two days. Sitting down against zone, making tough grabs underneath.
- Diontae Johnson went to the locker room on a cart. Got hurt on the first play of seven shots. Went out and tried to go again but shut it down after coming off the field gingerly. Doesn’t look serious, Tomlin called it heat related.
- Using a ton of Pony/2 RB looks today. Might look for ways to get Jaylen Warren and Najee Harris on the field together this year, as they did a bit late in 2022
- Calvin Austin making the most of Johnson being hobbled.
- “Kenny Pickett looked deep for Pickens, who’s often open even when he’s covered. That’s the reputation he’s built for himself thanks to highlight-reel catches and jaw-dropping feats of athleticism.”
San Francisco 49ers
- Brock Purdy began to sharpen as practice went on today and he finished 6-12. Sam Darnold had some of the nicest throws for the second straight day: Purdy 6-12, Darnold 3-6. Lance 2-5, Allen 1-4
- “It’s been obvious through 2 days of TC & a handful of minicamp practices that JSN is going to be an impactful player in Seattle’s offense… He caught that TD of about 40 yards, showcasing that despite being a slot WR, he has the potential to stretch the defense vertically.”
- Lead running back Kenneth Walker and rookie Zach Charbonnet are not practicing today.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Baker Mayfield’s first pass is a dart into the middle of the end zone caught by Mike Evans.
- Baker Mayfield fired up after connecting with Chris Godwin over the middle for a touchdown. He screams, Godwin launches the ball in the air. Competitive period.
- Ryan Tannehill was cooking in 7v7: found Chig Okonkwo wide open on across middle, Chris Moore on basically same route a few plays later and DeAndre Hopkins on seam.
- Treylon Burks looks explosive. Beat both corners in his 1v1 reps, but he and Tannehill missed on the deep route.
- Will Levis threw a pick on seven-on-seven where he led Tre’Shaun Harrison too far for on a crosser. Not a crisp day overall for him. Malik Willis was fine. Hesitated to let it rip a few times.
- Nice play by Curtis Samuel, who maneuvered around his blockers and turned upfield for a decent gain.
- Rivera said he thinks Brian Robinson is coming into camp with a whole different perspective. Didn’t really get the chance to show who he is last year because of his circumstances, but he’s starting to show some of his personality now
- Something to watch: “Brian Robinson has had some impressive catches early in camp”
- Lawrence with a smooth drop in to Etienne
- Nasty work on this route from Odell Beckham Jr. the fake back-shoulder to fade transition
- Sam Howell to Terry McLaurin
- Drake London working against CB Tre Flowers in the open-field drill
- WR Drake London vs CB A.J. Terrell. Drake with the catch!
- Deshaun Watson on the run to rookie WR Cedric TIllman
- Bijan Robinson vs Troy Andersen: Round 2. Bijan with the spectacular play.
- Bijan with the shake and bake
- Trent Sherfield makes a snag
- Browns WRs, including Amari Cooper, going through drills
- Mahomes with the deep pass to MVS for 6
- Hands from Calvin Ridley
- Engram with the one handed grab
- First play of 1-on-1s today and DeAndre Hopkins does his thing
- Treylon Burks with the separation
- Kyle Phillips flashes his footwork today
- A dime to Chase
- Rashee Rice looking shifty
- The pass we have all been waiting for from Anthony Richardson
- Jones to Slayton