This article is a sampling of what you can expect from our daily news summaries on our Patreon! Subscribe here for only $3 a month to unlock the summaries and more!
- “James Cook went coast-to-coast as their unquestioned top running back at camp, displaying excellent pass-catching skills and a good knack for finding running lanes between the tackles…Cook also separated himself from backups Damien Harris and Latavius Murray, with Murray giving Harris a run for the primary backup duties due to his performance…With a cleared runway, Cook appears to be locked into a significant role barring injury.”
- “In just his first training camp, Dalton Kincaid provided everything the Bills could have hoped to see out of their 2023 first-round pick.
✅ – An excellent ability to separate in-man coverage, find weak points in zone defense and win at the catch point?
✅ – Establishing good and still-improving chemistry with franchise quarterback Josh Allen?
✅ – Giving them all the comfort they could want in mid-August in running a lot of 12 personnel this season?
✅ – And as a bonus, assimilating well into the locker room?
Publicly, the Bills likely won’t announce their hopes for Kincaid in his rookie season, but privately, they must feel pretty excited he can be a legitimate contributor to their offense in his first year.”
- “It wasn’t necessarily a bad camp for Khalil Shakir, who had some nice moments and a couple of highlight-reel receptions. He just faded into the background far too often despite getting a good amount of time with the first-team offense…He could still emerge as their top third receiver option when they’re in 11 personnel, but Sherfield has given them more juice at that position in practices.”
Green Bay Packers at Cincinnati Bengals
- Packers opening drive resembles what you see in practice. Potential. Lack of connections. Watson deep misses. Musgrave over middle was off.
- Romeo Doubs catches the TD from Jordan Love.
- Jordan Love was locked into the intermediate routes, just as he’s been through first two weeks of camp. Missed the throw to Luke Musgrave on opening drive, but that’s it.
- Chase Brown in at RB for second series as Chris Evans got the start. Evans finished with a rushing line of 7/49/0 with a 33 yard run. Chase was less impressive on the ground with a 8/12/0 line but flashed as a receiving with a 3/33 line.
- Jordan Love finished 7/10 for 46 yards and a TD.
- Jayden Reed is a guy that’s been talked a lot about during training camp as a guy to look out for. He just had a great one-handed catch.Samori Toure listed as WR3 on the depth chart but it was Reed getting the slot snaps in 3WR sets with Love. (video)
- Samori Toure made plays when given the chance. He had a bunch of catches in the pass game and a big return.
- Andrei Iosivas continuing to build some hype with a 4/50 night receiving. He almost had an incredible touchdown catch but just missed getting his second foot inbounds. (video)
Continue reading here!