- Odell Beckham Jr. is participating in Ravens minicamp, which marks his first practice since injuring his knee in the Super Bowl 16 months ago
- Highlight of the day: Mike Thomas had a really nice one-handed grab where he jumped in the air and twisted to adjust to make the catch while working on fades with Derek Carr.
- John Harbaugh said Rashod Bateman has been working off to the side doing individual work. He doesn’t expect Bateman to be fully involved during mandatory camp. “He had a shot for healing purposes – a cortisone type deal – that will keep him out for a couple days. We just decided to let him keep rehabbing and make sure he’s ready to go for training camp.”
- Rashod Bateman is roughly 7 months out from Lisfranc surgery. “Got injection for healing purposes” it’s not a normal procedure to simply just give cortisone injections out on a protocol/timeline, so something must be bothering him as he ramps up in his training. As of right now, this is simply something we should monitor. No need to panic on his value yet. The hope is that it isn’t to address an irritation that would require a second surgery, such as to remove hardware, which would delay his ramp up for the season.
- Day 1 of Ravens minicamp just concluded. Nelson Agholor and Isaiah Likely were probably the most active pass catchers for Ravens. Agholor caught a TD pass from Lamar Jackson. Odell Beckham only played a few plays in full team as part of his ramp-up. He had one reception.
- Ravens minicamp Day ; Nelson Agholor continues strong offseason with long TD catch from Lamar Jackson , Ar’Darius Washington got a hand on a lot of passes, David Ojabo provided plenty of pressure off edge, Odell Beckham Jr. had one catch from Lamar in limited first practice
- Josh Allen says Stefon Diggs situation in Buffalo “is not football related.” Says he is going to try to help issue but doesn’t say what issue is specifically. The two talked today.
- Dawson Knox injured on a play during 11-on-11 today. Taylor Rapp made a good play to defend a pass from Josh Allen and Kaiir Elam came flying in late and looked to hit Knox’s leg. He was down briefly and then walked off with trainers. They looked at him for a few minutes. He was able to walk on it and rejoined teammates but didn’t return to practice.
- Bryce Young has a pass batted down at the line. First I have seen for the #Panthers’ rookie QB.
- Marquis Haynes with a “sack” on Bryce Young. Young starts 11 on 11 with a 4-of-5 completion rate with the incompletion on a batted pass at the line (first I can remember in six open practices as a pro) #Panthers
- Bryce Young with a deep completion to Terrace Marshall in 7-on-7s.
- It’s 30 minutes after practice, and Terrace Marshall and Johnny Mingo are still catching balls with trainers. Chuba Hubbard and Tommy Tremble just finished playing over-the-shoulder catch.#panthers
- A positive from OTA’s/Minicamp has been the Justin Fields and DJ Moore connection. Feel like that’s going to get better and better as we go on. #Bears
- Bears WR Darnell Mooney is still on track to be ready for training camp. Eberflus is also hopeful that LB Jack Sanborn will be full speed by then.
- #Bears WR Chase Claypool is in the building, but did not practice today. HC Matt Eberflus says “just a few minor things he’s working on.” (With the trainers).Previously he had been told he was dealing with a “soft tissue issue.”
- Bears rookie receiver Tyler Scott shined during practice today, including an impressive diving catch deep down the sidelines. He’s going to be an interesting player to watch throughout training camp.
- Some notes from practice –Justin Fields threaded the needle down the sideline on a deep ball to Dante Pettis during 7/7. Pettis had a catch in 11/11, too. -Up and down day for the 1st team offense in team periods. LB Terrell Lewis created pressure on back to back snaps in 11/11
- -Running with the 2s in 7/7, rookie Tyler Scott stretched deep for a long completion. He stood out today. -Kyler Gordon had an INT in 7/7; rookie Noah Sewell dropped an INT
- Nice to see the Fields/Moore connection again today. Fields hit Moore down the left sideline for a big gain. Was in double coverage with Jaylon Johnson and Elijah Hicks there. But ball was on the money. #Bears
- Practice over, so #Broncos observations: Russell Wilson sharp in quick passes to multiple targets, Caden Sterns looks noticeably thicker, more muscular than previous seasons, two kickers were at practice (Elliott Fry and Randy Bullock), and every detail matters to Payton #Denver7
- Albert Okwuegbunam had a great day during the Broncos’ first mandatory minicamp practice, including multiple deep catches.
- One thing Kenny Moore II’s noticed about Anthony Richardson so far is how early he’s in the building studying notes. “He wants it.”
- Another deep completion for Anthony Richardson in 7-on-7. 60-yard TD to Vyncint Smith. Dropped over the WR’s shoulder. #Colts
- Just a couple snaps later, Richardson is intercepted by LB EJ Speed on a throw over the middle. Still 7-on-7. #Colts
- Rough day for the QBs. Unofficially, Anthony Richardson was 3-for-8 in 11-on-11 work. Gardner Minshew was 0-for-4. Rookie CB Jaylon Jones made a couple flash plays in 7-on-7. #Colts
- Anthony Richardson just had his “wow” throw of the day — a 60-yard post Bomb in 7-on-7 for an in-stride TD to Vyncent Smith.
- #Colts practice observations: – Rough day for QBs. Anthony Richardson and Gardner Minshew combined for 2 completions, 1 INT and maybe 7 air yards in 11-on-11 – Richardson worked with the 1’s – Jaylon Jones flashed on a couple plays, including a pick – EJ Speed also had an INT
- Colts LB Zaire Franklin on facing Anthony Richardson: “Even in the walkthrough against him, when (number) 5’s in there, you’ve just got to be aware. It’s just a whole other element to an offense that you don’t necessarily have to think about with more of a traditional QB.”
Green Bay Packers
- In 7-on-7, Jordan Love hits Christian Watson deep against Jaire Alexander down the left side. Watson’s and Romeo Doubs each have a play against Alexander today. It’s June.
- Jordan Love’s chemistry with Romeo Doubs on display. Inside 10, Love connects with Doubs over Jaire Alexander in back, left corner end zone. One play later, Alexander blankets Jayden Reed in end zone to force incompletion. Walks up to Doubs after rep and gives him some ribbing.
- Christian Watson blew past Jaire Alexander up the left sideline and Love ripped an absolute dart to Watson for what would have been a 90-some-yard TD. Watson’s physical superiority – the reason why stardom has been predicted – was on full display” #Packers
- Interesting development: Malik Heath, rookie receiver from Ole Miss, working in quite a bit with the starters.
- Love looking left the whole time, comes back right and immediately finds Malik Heath on an incutting route vs Douglas. Another day, another nice Malik Heath play.
- First play of 7 on 7s Musgrave gets outside of Campbell for a nice pickup. He’s going to be such a mismatch piece for this offense. Jaire with tight coverage on Doubs on a quick comeback but looked like Doubs dropped that one. Would have only gone for a few yards anyway.
Kansas City Chiefs
- A busy day today for Kelce, as usual. He caught 3 passes from Mahomes in a 7-play full-team drill during one period. Mahomes later threw 4 straight TD passes to different receivers in a 7-on-7 red zone drill.
- That’s a wrap on Day 1 of Chiefs minicamp! A few notes: Patrick Mahomes made a handful of incredible throws today, including a sidearm, fade away TD pass to MVS. It was awesome, Skyy Moore was busy with several grabs, Nic Jones had an athletic INT during team drills
- #Chiefs TE Travis Kelce on how long he plans to continue playing: “Until the wheels fall off, baby.” He added one day he knows he will have to make a business decision, but that seems nowhere in the near future. He says he’ll miss it too much.
- Saw at least two 11-on-11 sidearm passes from Mahomes on the day. The ones I spotted were corraled by Moore and TE Jody Fortson. Mahomes had an 11-on-11 touchdown to WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling on a corner route late in practice.
- Mahomes’ targets on the day during team periods: Fortson, TE Noah Gray, Kelce, James, Moore, WR Justin Watson, Valdes-Scantling
- Mahomes sliced and diced in 7-on-7 red-zone work with four straight touchdowns: Fortson over two defenders, Moore, Gray and then Valdes-Scantling, who leaped in the air to snatch it over Johnson and toe-tapped in the back of the end zone.
Los Angeles Rams
- “There was some hard-throwing velocity on Stafford’s throws during RZ work. He fired 1 over the middle to Puka Nacua for a score, nearly had another (in&out of Higbee’s hands), then rifled TDs to Higbee & Atwell on back-to-back possessions. The 1 to Atwell drew audible reactions”
- Dalvin Cook speaking to @TomPelissero about what he’s looking for in his next team: “I want the value. I want somebody who wants Dalvin Cook.” Adds that he wants to go to a team that’s going to give him the ball often
New Orlean saints
- Rashid Shaheed is dealing with a groin injury.
- Taysom Hill worked out everywhere today, including quarterback. Led some drives during 7-on-7s
- Jamaal Williams describes Taysom Hill as a “big buff gazelle.” #Saints
- I’m buying all the Chris Olave stock. Hostile takeover if that’s how I have to acquire it. I think he’s going to have a monster season.
- Day 2 #Saints minicamp quick observations – Taysom Hill was a TE day – Another 2-minute day, went a lot better for the offense. First play a long TD (Carr to Olave) over Alontae Taylor. – Final play an Alontae Taylor pick-6 off Jake Haener – Kamara also had a top play on a wheel
New England Patriots
- Both Jones and Zappe failed to deliver any consistency throwing the football today. Lack of zip in a few too many throws to dangerous parts of the field (and to safe ones too).
New York Giants
- Parris Campbell had four straight catches from Daniel Jones on a drive. He also got reps in the backfield. He’s looked like a big piece of the offense this spring. We’ll see if that changes when Wan’Dale Robinson returns.
- Jahan Dotson on Sam Howell: “We’ve got our QB situation settled. I think Sam Howell is going to be our guy. I have complete faith in him…He makes throws look super effortless on the field, he’s been a great leader”
- Can certainly see a path for Antonio Gibson this season as a late-round RB target: * JD McKissic finally gone * Brian Robinson and Chris Rodriguez are power backs * #Commanders screen rate should rise under new OC Eric Bieniemy