- “Asked about Bijan Robinson and his progress through this part of the season, Arthur Smith wouldn’t go into too much detail… What he said instead brought forth a few chuckles from the media: ‘We don’t have buyer’s remorse if that’s what you’re asking.’” #Falcons
- Falcons rookie offensive weapon Bijan Robinson taking reps with the wide receivers during individual drills. The plan in Atlanta is for Robinson to be much more than a running back. Join our NFL+ @nflnetwork minicamp show between 2-4p ET with more on Bijan & Falcons.
- OL Will Hernandez on #AZCardinals new offensive scheme/mentality: “Just the fact we’re going to emphasize the run game (pause) gets me excited (smiles).”
- John Harbaugh told @JosinaAnderson that Rashod Bateman had his screws removed from his Lisfranc surgery. There’s healing when they go in, and some when they come out. His recent shot was for the pain of them coming out.
- Ravens OC Todd Monken said he spoke today with RB J.K. Dobbins, who missed the first minicamp practice. “We’d love for him to be out there,” Monken said. “Obviously, he’s not ready to go. I know he’s ready to go when he’s out there. We are certainly better with him out there.”
- There are throws Bryce Young makes in practice which show his ability. But the response of his teammates to him shows how much ground he’s covered in six weeks since the draft. On the rookie quarterback’s OTAs and minicamp experience.
- “The connection between Justin Fields and DJ Moore continues to grow. It’s clear that Moore is the go-to guy for Fields. The best play of the day came when Fields hit DJ Moore deep down the left sideline. It was double coverage with Jaylon Johnson and Elijah Hicks covering.”
- Overall it was a good day for Justin Fields out there. Looked really sharp in team drills including redzone where he had a couple of touchdowns. Nice throws to EQ, Tonyan, Kmet. Ended practice with a scramble TD to Dante Pettis. The WR adjusted nicely and beat Gordon. #Bears
- The #Bears did some red zone work and Justin Fields looked sharp. Fields started with a completion to Velus Jones Jr. Then, Fields connected with Equanimeous St. Brown in the middle of the end zone for a touchdown. Fields then completed passes to Khalil Herbert and Cole Kmet.
- In Fields’ 2nd attempt in team, he found Velus Jones Jr. for a short gain. Then he threw a pass to Tyler Scott, but the rookie couldn’t hang on for the TD. Fields then connected with Robert Tonyan for a TD. Tonyan stuck his right hand out to make a good catch vs Elijah Hicks.
- Jerome Ford “Ford, a fifth-round pick a year ago, is poised to enter a bigger role with the Browns behind Pro Bowl RB Nick Chubb following the free-agent departure of Kareem Hunt. As the likely No. 2 running back on the depth chart, Ford is in line to absorb some of the rushing workload and passing snaps behind Chubb — and the Browns feel confident he’ll be able to transition smoothly into the job.”
- “Luke Schoonmaker should also factor in here but he didn’t do much during the offseason because of a foot issue. [Jake Ferguson] started eight games last season and could start twice as many in 2023.”
Green Bay Packers
- Kind of crazy, but if I had to guess which Packers’ rookies took the most first team reps this week (note first team was walkthroughs & 7×7’s), it’d probably go: 1. Luke Musgrave 2. Malik Heath 3. Jayden Reed (It’s possible Reed & Heath are swapped, but nobody else is close).
Los Angeles Chargers
- Justin Herbert on a possible training camp hold-in if an extension is not done: “When it comes time for camp, the role of the quarterback is to be out there for his team and to do everything he can to put that team in position to win. I understand that responsibility.”
- He frequently was used alongside Cousins in 11-on-11 snaps and could earn the spot depending on the development of Chandler and rookie DeWayne McBride.”
- “Running back Kene Nwangwu is vying for the backup job behind Alexander Mattison. Nwangwu offers a change-of-pace style that has been evident for a couple of years on kick returns…
- from Kirk Cousins today on the recently-released Dalvin Cook: “I’m excited to see where he goes, I’ll always be pulling for him and I’m kind of optimistically hoping maybe we get him back. Who knows. Maybe there is an outside chance. We’ll see.”
New Orlean saints
- WR Chris Olave had the play of the day, grabbing a deep pass from Carr over Alontae Taylor for a 65-yard TD. Olave’s work has been showing. Taylor later had what would have been a pick-6 on a Haener pass to end practice. #Saints
New England Patriots
- “The duo of Hunter Henry and Mike Gesicki shared the field the majority of the time. They were a favorite target of Mac Jones, as Gesicki impressed with his quickness as a natural pass catcher…early indications point to the 2TE package being a large part of that new scheme”
- I wouldn’t go that far. It’s OTAs/Minicamp. I’ve seen WRs cook during the spring and not live up to the progress they made in the spring. I do think Nico, Woods and Schultz will be in the running for No.1 target for CJ
Green Bay Packers
- Jordan Love sounds awfully impressed with rookie TE Luke Musgrave: “He’s going to be a great player. He’s a lot faster than I think anybody thought. He picked up the offense really fast. He’s getting a lot of reps right now, which is great for him. He’s making the most of it.”
- Lot of buzz again today around rookie TE Darnell Washington as Steelers finished minicamp. He said he’d give himself a B- or C+ but here was Pat Freiermuth after practice: “Darnell’s really good, man. He’s putting it all together. The past two days he’s looked really good.”